Glazed Duck Sure to Make Santa’s Nice and Naughty Lists
OPELOUSAS, La., Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Give the gift of Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine® and serve something a little different and delicious this holiday season! Tony’s Glazed Duck is the perfect main course for your holiday feast. The oranges and lemons add a slight zest, paired with the caramelized sugar glaze. This dish is best served garnished with oranges or apples.
Tony Chachere’s has been a fixture for decades in kitchens across the nation, with a particular presence in the Southeast. While its authentic lines of Creole products are top-notch for all sorts of dishes, its marinades and seasonings are a must-have for your holiday dinner.
TONY CHACHERE’S GLAZED DUCK
1 Whole Duck
3 Tbsp. Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
¼ Cup Margarine
1 Cup Vermouth
2 Tbsp. Sugar
2 Cups Vinegar
1 Cup Chicken Broth
3 Whole Oranges
1 Whole Lemon
2 Tsp. Corn Starch
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 120 Minutes
- Season duck with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- In a Dutch oven, brown in melted margarine.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue roasting for 1 hour.
- Baste frequently with Vermouth.
- Melt sugar in a small saucepan; add vinegar and caramelize.
- Place Dutch oven on stove top.
- Remove duck from pot and set aside; drain fat; add chicken broth to the pan drippings.
- Add the juice of the oranges, a little orange zest and the juice of one lemon.
- Blend in corn starch and the caramelized sugar.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Return duck to pot and spoon sauce over duck slowly.
- Heat a little longer while continuing to baste with sauce until duck is glazed.
- Transfer duck to serving platter and garnish.
Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine® was founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere, the «Ole Master» of Creole cooking. Tony Chachere’s continues to be family owned-and-operated and is located in Opelousas, Louisiana. Be sure to check out the new Holiday Hub page for more holiday inspiration. You can get more Tony Chachere’s recipes and products by visiting tonychachere.com/Recipes.aspx. And for all of the cooking tips you need, go to tonychachere.com/Video.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glazed-duck-sure-to-make-santas-nice-and-naughty-lists-300564468.html
SOURCE Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine